Software Engineer by profession, a hobbyist snowboarder/photographer/nutritionist
and a hardcore techie at heart.
The good times
- Microsoft (Seattle),
Exchange Server Group
- Working on some exciting projects related to managing a cloud infrastructure supporting
> 100+ million
- University of Southern California : Aug'03 - Aug'05
- Ixia Communications : May'05 - April'06
- Had a great time working with the Routing Protocols Group.
- Worked on a bunch of things including adding detailed statistics to layer 3 protocols
that we support (bgp, ldp, ospf, etc).
- Information Sciences Institute, USC: May'04 - May'05
- Met some of the smartest, craziest and technically religious researchers here! Ted tops the list
- Worked on the XCP (eXplicit congestion
Control Protocol) project as a research assistant under
Ted Faber and Aaron Falk
(chairman, Internet Research Task Force).
- Worked on the DETER (Cyber Defense Technology
Experimental Research project) project under Dr.
Clifford Neuman and Dr. Dongho Kim
- Bhabha Atomic Research Center (Dept. of Remote
handling and Robotics) : Jan'03 - June'03
- BARC is the research heaven for Indian Scientists. Highly recommended!
- Yes, the rumors are true; you can get a sumptuous six course meal for under Rs.10
- Worked as a research intern under Dr. Debanik Roy on projects for Transport Protocols
and framework for Robotic communications.
- Earned bragging rights for hacking the linux kernel by implementing an alternative
- Learning mobile development from scratch and developing an app for something I am
passionate about; Movies! Introducing, The Movie Monk
- Download the
Movie Monk app from the windows phone app store
- Rated 4.5/5 with 88 reviews. Thank you!
- Fight spam! Web bots are welcome
- Some of my pictures are uploaded
here. They were taken with one of the following: Canon
Powershot SD750, Canon T2i with a 18-55mm IS lens.
- Aaron Falk, Nirav Jasapara, "Can a Satellite be an Internet Router?", IEEE Globecom
2005, Workshop on Advances in Satellite Communications, St. Louis, MO, Nov. 2005.
- Roy Debanik, Abhishek Chaterjee., Nirav Jasapara and Nitin Jadhav, “Variable
Reliability Dataflow Protocol”. [link]
- 18th annual international technical conference of IEEE, [TENCON], 2003.
- International journal of computers and applications, 2006, issue#3
- Nirav Jasapara, "Group Key Agreement Protocol for Dynamic Peer Groups", submitted
paper, University of Southern California. [link]
- Nirav Jasapara, "Time Synchronization in Sensor Networks", University
of Southern California. [link]
- Patent #8661125 for multi-level monitoring of cloud services. [link]
Suggestions/Comments/corrections are welcome. Contact me at the address shown above